Escape to Alto, NM at this rustic 6-bedroom, 6-bath vacation rental home, complete with a fully equipped kitchen, wood burning fireplace, and hot tub on the front patio. The home can sleep up to 16 guests, with each bedroom having its own bathroom and 5 of the bedrooms having its own private deck – making this the perfect destination to host family reunions, church retreats, corporate events, leadership seminars, etc! Enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival and then relax in front of the wood-burning fireplace before embarking on your skiing and hiking adventures!
Nestled on a 2-acre lot, ‘Big Bear Lodge’ boasts 2,600 square feet of living space, so even large groups won’t be stepping on each other’s toes!
Upon arrival, you’ll immediately want to step out to the patio to entertain on those cool summer afternoons. Start up the gas grill and whip up a barbecue, or simply soak in the hot tub to let all your stresses slip away.
When hunger strikes, the kitchen is fully equipped to handle all your favorite recipes. Thanks to the open layout, the cooks in the kitchen can stay connected with their loved ones all the way over in the living room.
You certainly won’t have to venture far to experience the best that the area has to offer, as ‘Big Bear Lodge’ is within easy reach of amazing attractions in both Alto and Ruidoso. From hiking and hunting to photography and gold panning, this area boasts a wide variety of attractions that are sure to please every interest and taste.
Travel over to Ruidoso’s main shops, which are only 15 minutes away, before trying your luck at the Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino. Head in the opposite direction to treat the kids to a visit to Smokey Bear Museum
During the summer months, all equestrians should head just 15 minutes to the Ruidoso Downs Race Track, while winter months bring prime adventure at Ski Apache, which is just 30 minutes from the property.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, complimentary bottle of New Mexico wine, locally roasted coffee, wood-burning fireplace, free WiFi, 6 flat-screen satellite TVs with Roku, air conditioning, central heating, multiple decks, furnished patio, hot tub, gas grill, 6 car driveway, and more!
- Great Alto location just 15 minutes from Ruidoso! Ideally located near Ski Apache and 15 minutes from Ruidoso Downs Race Track!
- If you’re traveling with more than 16 guests, check the availability of the additional vacation rentals on the property
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Roswell International Air Center – 1 Jerry Smith Cir, Roswell, NM 88203, (~ 79.2 miles away)
On-Site Event Information:
- 3 cabins available for rent
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 100
- Event fee: Required. Please inquire for more information
- Outside services/vendor details: Allowed
- Event parking: Plenty of parking on the premises
- Alcohol policies: Allowed with event insurance
- No smoking in cabins
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior management approval
- Must be at least 21 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
*Rates subject to change based on holiday seasons and market trends**
Discounts available for AAA, AARP, Active military, Veterans, Multiple cabin rentals, Special Events, Reservations for more than 5 nights, Loyalty Program Members, and referrals.